| Sent to you by the New York, Portland, and San Francisco Commitees for Human Rights in the Philippines
A Call to Action #StopTheMiningStopTheKilling
You can help bring the issues raised by the Tampakan Massacre to light by participating in these ways:
- SIGN THE PETITION NOW: http://www.change.org/petitions/u-s-department-of-defense-cut-military-aid-to-the-philippines
- Call the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. during our call-in week. From Monday, 12/3 to Friday, 12/7 (anytime before 5 p.m. EST) we ask concerned individuals and organizations to flood the Philippine embassy with calls to condemn the Tampakan Massacre and hold the 27th IB of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and X-strata SMI responsible for the deaths of the Capion family.
H.E. Ambassador Jose L. Cuisia, Jr.
Embassy of the Philippines,
1600 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
“My name is ________________, and I want to know what is being done to investigate the
deaths of Juvy Capion, and her two sons, Jordan and John. We call on President Noynoy
Aquino to hold the AFP and X-strata SMI accountable for the Tampakan Massacre
murders. Thank you for your time.”
- Donate to BAYAN-USA: Your donation will support delegates of MANILAKBAYAN, a caravan and march which aims to raise the national consciousness around the deteriorating human rights situation in relation to large-scale mining. Make sure that 100% of your contribution goes to promoting human rights in the Philippines by writing a check to BAYAN-USA, and skipping the online transaction fee, but feel free
to donate online, via this Paypal link
- Join our Facebook Action: Donate your Facebook profile picture space to use the STOP THE MINING! STOP THE KILLING! Have it up with a link to the petition in the description on beginning December 1 to December 10, International Human Rights Day
- Attend an action/mobilization arranged by the Committee of Human Rights in the Philippines in New York, Portland or San Francisco for International Human Rights Day:
San Francisco/Bay Area, CA
March for Human Rights
Monday, 12/10, 5:00 pm
@ Union Square at Post and Powell
Join us as we hold a silent vigil for victims for human rights violations in the Philippines in Union Square then as we march to the Philippine consulate. Come hear speakers from various activist organizations in the bay area as we commemorate the victims of the Tampakan massacre. www.sanfranchrp.com
Vigil for Human Rights
Sunday, 12/9, 6:00-7:30pm
@Rocky Butte Park, 3000 NE Rocky Butte Rd. Portland, OR 97220
In commemoration of International Human Rights Day, victims of the Tampakan Massacre, and human rights violations in the Philippines. www.portlandchrp.org
New York, NY
Second Annual Lights for Rights
Monday, 12/10, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
@Union Square Park North (by E. 17th St and Broadway, across from Barnes & Noble)
Join us in paying tribute to the victims and survivors of human rights violations with our interactive, informative props and commemorative glowstick “candles” to light the path for human rights. www.lights4rightsnyc.wordpress.com
STOP THE MINING! STOP THE KILLINGS!
JUSTICE FOR THE CAPION FAMILY!
X-STRATA-SMI, OUT OF BLAAN ANCESTRAL DOMAINS
AND OUT OF THE PHILIPPINES!
SCRAP THE PHILIPPINE MINING ACT OF 1995!
SUPPORT THE PEOPLE’S MINING BILL!
CUT U.S. MILITARY AID TO THE PHILIPPINES!